otium sanctum, Latin for "holy leisure", is my attempt to give a glimpse into my life. All subjects and topics may appear, from Payuer to peanuts or quantum mechanics to Quebec Lima

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Kindergarten all over again…

is how it feels to enter the halls of academia once again. I and 16 other students started the PhD journey the end of August. I soon discovered I have a great cohort. All together there are 12 of us studying African politics. I would venture to guess that this is the largest amount of any school in the world. The University of Florida has a strong African Studies Center and three faculty devoted specifically to African politics. On Friday afternoons the center sponsors a lecture series. These were always informative and a chance to meet other scholars with interests in Africa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home