otium sanctum, Latin for "holy leisure", is my attempt to give a glimpse into my life. All subjects and topics may appear, from Payuer to peanuts or quantum mechanics to Quebec Lima

Friday, December 22, 2006

My mistress moving in with me…


was quite the excitement recently. For several years I have considered purchasing a road bike. I ride my mountain bike to campus often, but at 35 pounds it is not fun for longer rides. Several friends in the area ride, so I thought with Florida’s ideal climate, the flat geography, and the need to pedal some stress away, I would join them in cycling adventures. Now I know what I’ve been missing the last few years! In December I found a used Specialized carbon road bike in Ocala. It weighs 16 pounds and flies like a kite through the air. A 30 mile ride seems like a walk in the park. I feel like a 16 year old with a new driver’s license placed in a NASCAR race. I have more bike between my legs than I know what to do with…rather scary when I think about it. I’ll keep you posted when I complete my first century race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home